Advantages against Lead Acid battery:
1. Weight: Less than half the weight of lead acid battery.
2. Discharge: Lithium-ion batteries are discharged 100% versus less than 80% for lead acid. Most lead acid batteries do not recommend more than 50% depth of discharge.
3. Cycle Life: Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries cycle 2000-5000 times or more compared to just 400-500 cycles in lead acid batteries.
4. Voltage: Lithium-ion batteries maintain their voltage throughout the entire discharge cycle. This allows for greater and longer-lasting efficiency of electrical components. Lead acid voltage drops consistently throughout the discharge cycle.
5. Cost: Despite the higher upfront cost of lithium-ion batteries, the true cost of ownership is far less than lead acid when considering life span and performance.
6. Environmental Impact: There is far less disposal and environmental hazard posed by lithium batteries compared to the short-lived and toxic lead acid batteries.
7. LiFePO4 battery is the most stable and safest among other lithium ion batteries.
Lithium battery only can connect in parallel, not in series. If you need to do a 48V battery bank, order a 48V battery.